[kdepim-users] kamil: changing the default location for saving attachments

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Jan 20 20:32:58 GMT 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009, Tilo Arens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I save an attachment from an email, the file dialog always opens
> the folder $HOME/Documents as default. However, I want it to open
> $HOME.
>
> I have tried to change the value of saveAttachements in the [Recent
> Dirs] section of kmailrc where $HOME/Documents was listed, but to no
> avail. Where can I change this behaviour?
>
> I am using kmail 1.9.9. with KDE 3.5.9.

I'm using KMail 1.9.10/KDE 3.5.10. Here I always get $HOME as default. I
have checked the code. KMail does not do anything special, i.e. this
seems to be the default behavior of KFileDialog. Unfortunately,
http://api.kde.org appears to be down atm, so I cannot check the
documentation.

Maybe KDE respects an environment variable. Check for environment
variables that are set to $HOME/Documents.