[kdepim-users] KDE 4.2 KPilot coming! (how to both be excited and have realistic expectations)

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Wed Jan 21 16:11:39 GMT 2009

Yeah, from what I've seen, I'm pretty sure the Pre will be totally
incompatible with previous Palm OS syncing mechanisms (meaning KPilot will
not support it). *sigh*

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 6:22 AM, Art Alexion <art.alexion at verizon.net>wrote:

> And I will forward it to the Treo list (though most discussion there
> lately has been on the Pre announcement).
>
> It doesn't appear the Pre will even have a desktop sync concept,
> following some "cloud" model instead.
>
> On 1/19/09, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 19 January 2009 17:09:51 Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> >> Howdy all,
> >>
> > <snip>
> >>
> >> Thanks, enjoy, and please give us feedback!! As always, bugs should be
> >> reported to bugs.kde.org, e-mails should be sent to
> kdepim-users at kde.org,
> >> and more-or-less real-time help can be found in #kpilot on FreeNode
> >> IRC.=:)
> >
> > Considering how many kpilot questions I've seen over the years, I'm
> certain
> >
> > that this is going to cause a lot of excitement.  I'll forward it to the
> > Fedora and Mandriva user lists.
> >
> > Anne
> >

> --
>
> --
> artAlexion
> sent unsigned from webmail interface

-[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
-[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-
-[ bash fun -> :(){ :|:&};:  //  Numbers 6:22-26 ]-