[kdepim-users] Problem with Kmail after upgrade to KDE 4. can't read all emails

Claus Hausberger CHausberger at gmx.de
Wed Jan 14 10:16:30 GMT 2009

Hello

I upgrade to the latest OpenSuse 11.1 with KDE 4.1. Before I used OpenSuse 8.2 with Kmail from KDE 3.

I made a backup of the old $HOME/Mail folder where all my Emails are.

In order to upgrade my old Emails to the new Kmail, I try the following things, all without much success.

1). I tried to import the backup with the Import feature of Kmail 4. That didn't work. Only about 10% of the old emails were importet.

2) I copied the old Mail folder to $HOME/.kde4/share/apps/kmail/mail.
That worked better. I can see all my emails. But there is a problem with emails in subfolders.  When I click on them the subject changes to "No Subject" and the Sender changes to "Unknown". Before clicking on the email, the information was correct.
I did a search via google and found the advice to delete the index files. But that didn't work. After that, all the mails in the subfolders were gone and the folders were empty.

I still have the original backup, of course.

Any idea on what to do to get all my Emails into the current version of Kmail that comes with OpenSuse 11.1?

best wishes

Claus

--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a