[kdepim-users] KMail in 4.2 and netbooks

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 25 18:55:35 GMT 2009

On Sunday 25 January 2009 17:40:30 Manfred Mislik wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009 18:20:03 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > There is a big issue for netbooks in 1.11.0 as it appears with 4.2.  Is
> > there any way to turn off the day bars in the message list?  I can't find
> > any way, and you just can't spare the space on a netbook.  I turned off
> > tooltips because they too are big enough to obscure too much on a netbook
> > screen - but the setting doesn't seem to have taken.  I've restarted
> > kontact, but I haven't logged out.  Do the settings get read in at every
> > start of kontact or are they cached?
> >
> > Anne
>
> In second from the right of the new buttons over the message list
> (Aggregation) you can select 'Flat Date View'.

Manfred - there doesn't seem to be any option to use date order with
threading?  It looks as though if you want that you are stuck with those extra
lines with dates separating the messages.  I only have room for 5 lines in my
message lists.  In Inbox, two of those lines are taken up by Today and
Yesterday.  I can't spare that space, but I can't live without threading
either

Anne