[kdepim-users] my kmail on KDE 4.2 crashes when accessing mail

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Jan 28 11:47:55 GMT 2009

Kubuntu 8.10
kmail 1.11

KDE 4.2 seems much more stable than KDE 4.1 in general, but kmail, with
all of its new features is most unstable.  I have been trying to  run it
outside Kontact.

All folders are IMAP, gmail and standard accounts.  Program loads fine,
but crashes after accessing any folder.  I had a similar problem with
the kmail in KDE 3.5.10 which turned out to be a folder that kmail
didn't like on gmail.  Expiry was accessing the folder every 15 minutes
or so, and crashing it.  This is different, as expiry is not set, and
this iss happening on every folder I try to access.

I can't send the debug info in the crash dialog because (1) kmail
doesn't seem to stay up long enough to compose an email, and (2) the
standard KDE crash dialog warns that it contains no useful information.
  I'd like to try sending it anyway, and supppose that it might work if
I launch a composer from the command line without launching the main
program window.  What is the syntax for that?  Any ideas at this point?