[kdepim-users] Fwd: KMail - Hiding the 'To:' address in a distribution list

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 28 11:01:55 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 03:55:29 E. Hakan Duran wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2009 21:17:01 Peter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wednesday 28 January 2009 09:48:49 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 27 January 2009 20:02:10 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I think most people do put their own address in To: and the
> > > distribution list name in BCC:
> >
> > The distribution list name doesn't appear when I use the 'Select' button,
> > yet is is there under KAddressBook.
> >
> > I did try entering the dist list name manually, and it actually was shown
> > there, but when I tried sending the email, I got a relay error, as the
> > BCC was of the form:
> >
> >   distriblistname at computerdomainname
>
> This is already reported as a bug (#148479) at http://bugs.kde.org. I hope
> it resolves soon.

I think there are several reports of this, including one of mine (could be to
the Fedora bugzilla?).  I did find a workaround.  In the addressbook, when you
have the distribution list open it's name appears as a link in the right-hand
window.  If you click on that the list is expanded correctly.  You will have
to change To: to BCC: and add the To: address, I would think, when it is
desirable to hide addresses.

I did report the workaround.  Hopefully the real fix is on its way.

Anne