[kdepim-users] quick request: how to download for ubuntu

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sun Jan 18 06:50:18 GMT 2009

Am Samstag 17 Januar 2009 22:23:06 schrieb koenc at motherearth.org:
> i just switched from windows to ubuntu.  I'd like to install kontact
> but i can't seem to find how to download it.  The site isn't very
> helpfull at all.  I've no clue what the hell a tarball is but even if
> i try to download it it keeps giving me 404's :(

as manfred already stated, there is no need to download a source tarball or
whatsoever, all you need to do is start the ubuntu package manager (synaptic),
then search for 'kontact' there and click 'install'.
synaptic will then do the rest for you, e.g. install all dependencies (mostly
libraries) neede by kontact, automatically.

you may also want to have a look at the various ubuntu/kubuntu forums on the
net.

werner