[kdepim-users] Kmail Backup

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:44:09 GMT 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 13:00:10 widux wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2009 13:52:31 schrieb Marc Deop i Argemí:
> > On Thursday 29 January 2009 08:38:48 widux wrote:
> > >  Do I just have to copy my
> > > /home/username/kde4/share/apps/kmail directory?
> >
> > Yep!
> >
> > > In Evolution there was a an option to backup mails in a *.tar.gz
> > > archive. Is there any equivalent for this in kmail?
> >
> > AFAIK there is not such an option.
>
> Ok thanx,
> but which folders do I have to save to backup the mails etc. manually?

Please don't top-post - it makes reading in the archives difficult.  I've
corrected the layout in this one.

If you have kde 4.2 there is now an option in Dolphin called Compress which
can make a gzipped tar archive.  Just right-click on
/home/username/.kde4/share/apps/kmail and use the Compress facility.  I'd
recommend that you also do one on /home/username/.kde4/share/config.

I've just had a nasty crash, and am wishing that I had done that.  I shall do
now, once I've got everything sorted again.

Anne