[kdepim-users] pinentry window behind other windows

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 10 15:17:19 GMT 2009

On Saturday 10 January 2009 14:56:53 Kishore wrote:
> On Saturday 10 Jan 2009 12:31:10 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I find that very often pinentry-qt opens its window behind other open
> > windows.   It's only when you realise that nothing is happening that you
> > check the task- bar.  I think I should file a bug report, but against
> > what? A quick search for 'pinentry' tells me that there are no bugs
> > reported.
>
> Could be related to kwin's focus stealing prevention?

So I checked systemsettings - and found a possible culprit - Hide utility
windows for inactive applications.  What exactly does it consider inactive?
Would we be thinking of the main KMail window, or the KMail composer window?
I do sometimes minimise the main window while writing a message, particularly
if I have several other windows open.

I've unchecked that option, so we'll see whether it makes any difference.

Anne