[kdepim-users] Fwd: KMail - Hiding the 'To:' address in a distribution list

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 28 02:17:01 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 09:48:49 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2009 20:02:10 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I think most people do put their own address in To: and the distribution
> list name in BCC:

The distribution list name doesn't appear when I use the 'Select' button, yet
is is there under KAddressBook.

I did try entering the dist list name manually, and it actually was shown
there, but when I tried sending the email, I got a relay error, as the BCC was
of the form:

  distriblistname at computerdomainname

> I've not got 1.10.3 any more, so I have to speak from memory.  It may not
> be accurate but it should get you on the right lines.
>
> In KAddressbook, open the Distribution List panel (from somewhere in the
> top menu bar).  Choose the dist-list that you want to add to.  Scroll down
> the normal addresses until you find the address to be added.  Drag that
> address onto the dist-list pane.

Okay, I will try that.

Thanks,

Peter