[kdepim-users] Disable auto-filtering IMAP

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 14:12:46 GMT 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:

> What is doing this auto-filtering?  Are these kmail filters, operating
> on your local setup, or filters on an IMAP server?  We could use a
> description of what is happening, please.

Anne:
Thanks for replying. It's helping to know that I'm at least getting
someone's attention. :-)

As for the problem, it's LOCAL filters in KMail that as soon as I access the
IMAP folder *copy* the messages into my local folders without deleting them
from the server. To make things worse, it's not *all* messages, otherwise,
I could just delete the messages from the IMAP folder. But I have to POP
the emails from the server to get the rest that did not auto-filter. For
this reason, I often end up with two or three copies of some messages.