[kdepim-users] Still having encoding problems

phep phep-lists at teletopie.net
Wed Feb 11 21:05:20 GMT 2009

Anne Wilson a écrit :
> Unless I'm much mistaken, 8859-15 is actually mostly used in British English
> mail.  The € is present, but so is the £, so that's no problem.  I'm guessing

I guess the € inclusion make it a nice enhancement for writers from
Western Europe (at least).

> that it is a new setup and they haven't realised that they have a different
> charset.  I've emailed them and gently pointed it out :-)

As a matter of fact, their message is quite consistent and not faulty at
all since they do use ISO-8859-1 as advertised.

If there is one message to pass them, then, that should be asking them
to use UTF-8 from now on. I'm really longing for the time when those
ISO-8859, JIS, ... will be dead and burried!