[kdepim-users] Cumulative problem?

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Wed Feb 18 23:42:28 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 23:04:27 Bud Rogers wrote:
> I briefly switched to XRender yesterday.  My desktop and the open System
> Settings window rendered OK AFAICT, but the cursor rendered as a pixelated,
> flickering square.  Not really usable, obviously.  I didn't spend much time
> with it, as it was pretty hard to do anything with the mouse.  Has anyone
> else seen this?

No, I cannot confirm this. Everything depends on combination of gpu, drivers
and kde du jour ;) In my case this is GeForce 2 MX 400, latest legacy drivers,
and 4.2svn.

Looks like it was too early to praise networking. After few hours of intensive
use Konq completely choked. Restart of it didn't help, even killing of visible
kio_http slaves didn' improve situation. Only after restart of X Konq browsing
was up to initial speed.

m.