[kdepim-users] Character encoding in KMail

Marc Deop i Argemí damnshock at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 15:06:32 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 08:57:40 Anne Wilson wrote:
> The settings you mention were set
> to ascii-us.  I've now changed that to utf-8.  Hopefully that will quieten
> it.

As far as I understand, that shouldn't be a problem either, I mean, having the
ascii-us as long as you have utf-8 on the list.

"This list is checked for every outgoing message from the top to the bottom
for a charset that contains all required characters"

I understand that kmail automatically selects the charset  that best covers
all the characters.

I also have checked the option to keep the original charset when replying or
forwading if possible.

With these settings I hardly get any problem at all with charsets!