[kdepim-users] Only Check Inbox

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Mon Feb 9 13:07:28 GMT 2009

Am Sonntag 08 Februar 2009 19:34:36 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Sunday 08 February 2009, Mario Fetka wrote:
> > How can i make kmail only check the inbox folder if my cached imap
> > account it takes 2 min to check all the 2000 folders.
> > and i am only getting mails in the inbox.
>
> You are aware that KMail not only checks for new mail, but that it also
> uploads any changes you made to those 2000 folders.
>
> I think the easiest solution would be the following:
> - Disable mail checking for your cached IMAP account.
> - Create a new cached IMAP account and enable "Show only locally
> subscribed folders". Then locally subscribe to the inbox folder of this
> account and enable checking for new mail for this account.
>
> Now use the second account for your inbox and the first account for the
> other 2000 folders.

Hello,

my setup is similar to that of Mario. However, on the IMAP server all my
folders have to be subfolders of the Inbox folder. Therefore my question: Is
it possible to locally subscribe to a folder (Inbox), but not to its
subfolders? If not, how could I configure kmail to check my Inbox only?

Best,
Gandalf