[kdepim-users] Cumulative problem?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 16 19:57:11 GMT 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009 16:43:32 Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2009 15:35:56 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I suspect that problem can originate "lower". I noticed that after few
> > > hours of browsing Konqueror have some problems with loading of pages.
> >
> > I've had some konqueror freezes after long sessions, too.
>
> So KDE (or even Qt) networking code bug?

Possibly, but I don't feel that I have enough evidence to file a bug report
yet.

> I was using Qt4.5rc1 for few days
> and IMO Konqueror was noticeably faster - don't know if this was effect of
> general optimizations or some unknown issue was fixed.

So several people have said.  For myself, this afternoon I changed my graphics
backend from OpenGL to XRender, and several issues seem to have disappeared.
I'm waiting now to see whether these improvements last.  The delays in KMail
are among the obvious improvements.  Using htop I was seeing X taking 25% cpu
and seeming to hog top space, with kmail well down the list.  Now X is taking
more like 9%, and kmail pops to the top of the list briefly, and the message
departs.  Big improvement.

Anne