[kdepim-users] kontact & xfce

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Mon Dec 21 14:22:04 GMT 2009

Am Monday 21 December 2009 13:54:02 schrieb Werner Joss:
> just to complete this: removing korgac from autostart doesn't help either.
> however, I now manually killed all kontact instances still present in 'ps
>  axf'  after first crash (as mentioned before), and voila:
> kontact starts after that without problems !

and here just another update :)
- it seems that somehow korganizer is at the root of the problem:
if I try to open it from kontact, kontact crashes altogether, without any
notice.
trying to start korganizer from konsole, gives:

<unknown program name>(3042)/: Communication problem with  "korganizer" , it
probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

instantly, and keeps doing so on consequent tries (as opposed to kontact).

I'm not sure, if this should be reported to B.K.O ?

werner