[kdepim-users] Date Conundrum

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu Dec 3 10:40:34 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 22:20:27 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 December 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Can anyone explain to me why a message with these headers
>
> [snip]
>
> >  Date: Wed,2 (null) 2009 18:28:55 -0000 (GMT Daylight Time)
>
> [snip]
>
> > should display as in the attached?
>
> Well, "Wed,2 (null) 2009" is not a valid date.

Thanks both of you.  I can't believe that I scanned the headers so many times
and missed that.  I doubt if it will make any difference, but I will comment
on the problem to the sender - or is it the sender, that's causing it?
because this is not the only date problem I have.

I get security alerts from my Netgear router, and they displayed as expected
until 1st July (IIRC) when they suddenly started showing the date as one month
ahead.  I ignored it, really, up to now, but of course from this week, one
month ahead puts me into next year.  To my surprise, though, they started
showing the 010170 date.  On examination, is see the same problem as in the

Date: Thu,3 (null) 2009 01:00:00 -0000 (GMT Daylight Time)

whereas the last day of November, it showed

Date: Mon,30 Dec 2009 20:56:19 -0000 (GMT Daylight Time)

The first message in this thread was about an external message, passing
through the Netgear router and my imap server.  The other two were initiated
by the router, passing through the imap server only.  The router config files
show the correct date.  The imap server handles all other mail that displays
correctly.  It looks, then, as though it is a firmware problem on the router.
Yet if that is so, why is external mail, from one company only, affected?

I've been puzzling over this for months, so I'd really be glad of any insight.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group