[kdepim-users] kmail won't recognize user-defined folders

Jerry3904 gbond at rochester.rr.com
Mon Dec 7 01:42:32 GMT 2009

For my business account, I had to reinstall Kmail yesterday, and restored the
backed-up Mail folder and the kmailrc file to where they belong.  Kmail does
not see the professional emails I have, which sit in a folder "Read" with
many subfolders.

The emails are all there in the Mail folder, and the folder structure is
visible in the config file, but nothing shows up in the application except
the default folders.  I tried purging kmail and reinstalling, but that did
not help; I also tried deleting all the index files and letting kmail
recreate them, but that failed as well.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions--TIA.