[kdepim-users] Kontact refuses to re-start

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Dec 7 10:57:54 GMT 2009

On Monday 07 December 2009 01:47:08 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Monday 30 November 2009 3:14:54 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Do you use KOrganizer?  We are finding that there is a problem that
> > sounds the same in Fedora.  For some reason Kontact simply will not start
> > if your korganizerrc is set to use the monthly view as current.  If that
> > line is removed Kontact starts normally.  Until this is resolved we have
> > to make sure that we don't stay in month-view when we shut kontact down.
> > HTH
>
> I just fixed the bug Anne reported where using the month view as the
>  initial view in KOrganizer caused things not to work.  You might want to
>
> The relevant revisions are
> trunk => r1059603
> 4.3 branch => r1059605

Thanks.  Much appreciated.

> Note that this seems to be a change in a behavior for recent versions of
>  Qt, probably version 4.6.0

That sounds right - it would be about the time that Qt 4.6 first arrived on
the testing repos that I started seeing this.

> PS. has this bug been reported on bugs.kde.org? I can't find it there.

We discussed it on the kde-fedora list, and I was pretty certain that it got
onto the Fedora bugzilla, but I can't  find it at the moment.  I don't recall
being told to report it upstream, either.  Sorry - it looks as though I
dropped the ball there

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group