[kdepim-users] kontact & xfce

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Dec 21 12:16:18 GMT 2009

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Monday 21 December 2009 at 7:10 am, Werner Joss penned
about "Re: [kdepim-users] kontact & xfce"

> hi Pablo,

Hi Werner,

> thanks for fast reply :)

You're welcome.  :)

> anyway, this seems not to be the culprit here, as I have this option
> already enabeled.

Being that I'm no spring chicken, I started `kontact' just now and I
noticed I'm still getting the error.  `kontact' does start though.

I get a busy-cursor for a bit ... it eventually goes away.  I noticed
that with other KDE applications running under Xfce.  Perhaps you
should try what Kevin suggested.  Let me know what you find out!  :)
I'm writing a status report so can't goof too much at the moment.  :(

Cheers,
-pablo

Details
=======
pablo at zoom-542-[pablo]: kontact &
[1] 20489
pablo at zoom-543-[pablo]: Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
kontact(20493) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin: Successfully loaded plugin: "kspell_enchant.desktop"
kontact(20493) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin: Successfully loaded plugin: "kspell_aspell.desktop"
<unknown program name>(20489)/: Communication problem with  "kontact" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

[1]    Exit 255                      kontact
pablo at zoom-543-[pablo]: kontact(20493) <unnamed>::UrlHandler::UrlHandler: UrlHandler() (iCalendar)
kontact(20493) Sonnet::Loader::~Loader: Removing loader :  Sonnet::Loader(0x876cee0)

--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)