[kdepim-users] Date Conundrum

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu Dec 3 14:16:02 GMT 2009

On Thursday 03 December 2009 12:56:13 James Kerr wrote:
> On Thursday 03 December 2009 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Thursday 03 December 2009 11:23:56 James Kerr wrote:
> > > I had a Netgear router which behaved like that. IIRC from about
> > > September each year (it may have been earlier), until the end of
> > > the year, it would add a month to the date on emails that it
> > > originated. In January it would revert to using the correct
> > > month. There may be a firmware update available to rectify that.
> >
> > I'll certainly look into that.
> >
> > > I don't recall seeing any similar anomaly in emails that were not
> > > originated by the router.
> >
> > The first message in the thread, where I quoted full headers, came
> >  through the router, but didn't originate from it.
>
> I'm no expert in interpreting email headers, but this looks to me like
> the header from a Netgear router's email message:
>
> Date: Wed,2 (null) 2009 18:28:55 -0000 (GMT Daylight Time)
>  From: cannewilson at googlemail.com
>  Subject: NETGEAR *Security Alert* [fc:51:9d]
>  To: cannewilson at googlemail.com

Apologies.  I had been comparing the new one with that one, and pasted from
the wrong one.  Unfortunately, Expiry has removed the new one, and since it
was apparently 30 years old, it didn't survive in my Trash folder either, so
I'll have to wait to see if I get a similar offer from the company in the next
few days.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group