[kdepim-users] Why is KMail so memory-hungry?

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 28 02:50:59 GMT 2009

On Monday 28 December 2009 11:53:39 you wrote:
> On Sunday 20 December 2009 19:52:55 Peter wrote:
> >  there is no way XP or similar could run on a
> > p2-350Mhz.
>
> Actually, it does.
>
> I support a non=profit with old machines, and XP runs on them fine. (when
> first installed)  Add a bit of crapware, and it slows down, but a fresh
> install runs fine.

with 512K ram ??

Peter

PS  I have another problem with KMail at present (besides the memory hungry
issues). Whenever I get new mail, it marks (random) folders with all messages
as 'unread'

Quite painful (no, I don't have new mail filters, to file into any folders,
these are old folders also, .. wierd)