[kdepim-users] kontact & xfce

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Dec 21 12:06:03 GMT 2009

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Monday 21 December 2009 at 7:00 am, Werner Joss penned
about "[kdepim-users] kontact & xfce"

> I'm currently poking around with xfce and kde 4 apps, which works so
> far quite good, but kontact (from kde 4.3.4) shows a weird
> behaviour:  upon first start, I get the following:

Hi Werner,

I'm running Xfce (note spelling) with KDE 4 on this machine.  I recall
seeing the message you mentioned.  I'm not 100% if the way I resolved
it was by ensuring Xfce calls `kdeinit4':

   Settings > Session and Startup > Advanced tab

   o Set `Launch KDE services on startup'

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)