[kdepim-users] Language settings

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Dec 22 19:43:47 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 22 December 2009 19:09:02 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Hallo
>
> is it possible to set the preferred language for every e-mail folder?
> I have a mix of german and english folders and the spell checker
> drives me nuts. So I want to set English as language for e.g. this
> mailinglist folder, but german for others.

I'm sure that Ingo said you could have more than one dictionary set up for
spellchecking, so it does seem likely that you could, at least,swap easily
between them, but for the life in me, I can't even see where to set up
multiple dictionaries, much less do as you want to.

Hold it!  In 4.3.85 I see that spellchecking is controlled by sonnet.  That
should mean that it adapts to the language it sees.  I think this is the first
version to use sonnet, so it may not be too polished yet, but it should solve
all your problems once it's settled.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group