[kdepim-users] Attaching binary files

bill purvis bill at billp.org
Wed Dec 16 19:51:43 GMT 2009

I've recently upgraded to 1.12.2 and today needed to email a couple of
binary files to someone. When the selection window pops up I noticed that
it now has an item to define the character encoding, but there is no
entry for 'binary'. Is there a good reason for this? Does it actually
have any significant effect? What is the recommendation for shipping
binary files as attachements?

I should add that I have attached these files a number of times in the
without giving any consideration to this, and the files were transmitted
and received intact.

Many thanks

Bill