[kdepim-users] simultaneous use of KDE 3.5 and 4.3

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 21:31:46 BST 2009

Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:

> On OpenSuSE 11.0 and 11.1 its working fine
>
> I now use 3.5 Desktop and run 4.3 apps
> for some for me unknown reasons I have massive memory (swap usage) and
> disk usage as well as performance problems running 4.3 Desktop on 2
> different computers
>
> but I agree one has to tweak the system a bit (example uninstall certain
> KDE 3.5 apps if the system should find KDE 4.3 apps automatically, adapt
> PATH ....)

Hi, I noticed this too lately. Unfortunately after some upgrade I've got
kde4 libraries installed.
After having problems like the one described by you I found out that
actually few kde4 libraries and apps were active. And this was definitely
not my intention. Everything went fine after replacing the kde4-libs with
the kde3.

I don't know if there is a solution.

I'm not aware that "you" have to tweak paths for it to work.

regards