[kdepim-users] fancy headers

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:06:02 BST 2009

On Monday 17 August 2009 08:39:49 Gary C Curtin wrote:
> On Monday 17 August 2009 8:30:35 Bruce MacArthur wrote:
> > On Monday 17 August 2009 02:18:17 am Gary C Curtin wrote:
> > > I am using Kmail 1.12.1 and am having trouble locating where to set
> >
> > message
> >
> > > preview to have fancy headers by default. Can anyone help?
> >
> > Hello, Gary --
> >
> > Try K-Mail --> View --> Headers --> Fancy Headers
>
> Hi Bruce
>
> OK, but how to set it as the default?
>
> I tried to change the lines in kmailrc to:
>
> [Reader]
> header-set-displayed=fancy
> header-style=fancy
>
> This sort of works. Get a fancy header with everything except the date. Any
> suggestions?

Yes - use the tool provided, as Bruce told you!  There is no need to manually
edit the configuration file, and the tool will not give you something that
'sort-of works'.

FWIW, the word 'fancy' appears only once in my kmailrc, in the header-style
line.  Let the tool do the work for you.  Of course, if it can't sort out the
problem that you've introduced you'd better ask again.

Anne