[kdepim-users] KMail and dictionaries

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Aug 17 22:50:44 BST 2009

On Saturday 15 August 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 15 August 2009 10:51:03 Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 August 2009 10:35:13 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > In Locale, by dictionary is set to United Kingdom.

Locale? Do you refer to the KDE wide settings of the spellchecker?

> > > KMail insists
> > > on offering me spell-checking from an Australian dictionary.  No
> > > big deal, but I'm curious as to where it's getting this, and
> > > whether I can set it to the appropriate one.
> >
> > Anne, Go to
> > Config Kmail >  Identities,  select the identity, Modify  >
> > Advanced and set the dictionary from there.
>
> Hmm - shouldn't have missed that.  Every identity was set to
> Australian dictionary!  How odd!  Still, fixed now, thanks.

Is the Australian dictionary the first one in the list?

Which dictionary is used if you create a new identity? In my opinion,
the dictionary specified in the KDE wide spellchecker settings should
be used by default for new identities.