[kdepim-users] Crash and lost kmailrc

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Aug 10 12:34:06 BST 2009

On Monday 10 August 2009 11:27:36 Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have any also my problem ;)
>
> I have installed KDE 4.2.4 in the last time I have a KDE (XOrg) crash on my
> system, no possible input from mouse or keyboard.
>
> after a new start (reset) I lost my kmailrc and all in
> ../KDE4/share/apps/kmail/imap
>
> I have a openSUSE 11.1 running ..
>
> Is this problem known?

Ignore my last post.  My brain has just gone into gear.  Since this is imap,
the messages should all still be on your server.  What is in that directory is
the link to your server account, so probably what really is causing the
problem is the loss of kmailrc.  If you have a backup of that I think you'll
be OK.

Anne