[kdepim-users] Reminders in KOrganizer

Louis Hinman lou at manhattanhandyman.com
Sun Aug 23 18:12:26 BST 2009

I am running KMail 1.9.10 in KDE 3.5.10, which is standard in Slackware 12.2.
(I hear that the next release of Slackware will have KDE 4.*.)

I find a number of things in my version of KOrganizer (admittedly an older
one) that don't seem to work exactly as described in the KOrganizer Handbook.

Not all of these disparities are mission-critical, but here's one that is.  I
can't get the Reminders for Events to work.  In the New Event dialogue, I
give the Event a Title and a Start and End time.  All that works as expected.
However, if I check the Reminder box and specify the number of Hours,
Minutes, or Days before the Event and click Okay, I *do not* get reminded.
(If I open the Event and then the Advanced Reminder dialogue, I see the
reminder recorded exactly as I have entered it.)  I've read through the
KOrganizer Handbook, and I don't see anything that could be doing wrong.

Can someone advise me?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Lou
New York City