[kdepim-users] kmail search

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 01:34:35 BST 2009

Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Neal Becker wrote:
>> I used the kmail full search dialog to search for mail containing a
>> word in the body.  Worked fine, but I could see no way to summary
>> moved to the found item, so that I could view the whole thread.
>
> If you do not use KMail to ask a question on this mailing list then you
> should always include information about the version of KMail you are
> using.
>
> In KMail 1.9.10 (KDE 3.5.9) double clicking on a message in the Find
> Messages dialog causes the message to be selected in the main window.
>

> Regards,
> Ingo

Using 1.11.2 (KDE 4.2.2).  double clicking on a message in the Find Messages
dialog does cause the message to be selected in the message window (sorry,
I'm not sure about the names used for the different windows).  The summary
(which in my configuration, is shown above the message window) is _not_
changed.  It does not move to the selected message.

This makes the 2 windows out of sync.  Also, no way to then follow the
thread.