[kdepim-users] Spell Checking in Kmail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Apr 7 20:08:11 BST 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Christoph Kaulich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what do I have to do if I want to have automatic spell checking
> enabled in Kmail? I can type any crap but nothing highlights red, or
> any other color?
>
> Do I need any special packages?
>
> kdepimlibs-4.2.2-3.fc10.x86_64
> kdepim-4.2.2-3.fc10.x86_64
> kdepim-libs-4.2.2-3.fc10.x86_64

You need to install a spell checker, e.g. aspell or ispell. Moreover,
you need to install a few dictionaries for aspell or ispell.

In KMail's composer you can enable the Dictionary selector in the View
menu. Under Options "Automatic Spellchecking" should be enabled.

Note, that I'm using KMail 1.9.10 (on KDE 3.5.9), so some of the things
might have changed.