[kdepim-users] kpilot 5.2.0 (kde 4.2.0) : Server protocol version is too old

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Apr 19 23:24:30 BST 2009

On Sunday 19 April 2009, Frank Thrum wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use kubuntu 8.10 and I want use kpilot for palm m515
> synchronization. The conduits setup runs ok only for the memo file
> and time sync conduit. For To-do, Calendar, and contats the Kpilot
> main Configuration window says:  akonadi not operational.
>
> I installed the following packages via synaptic:
>
> Package: kpilot
> Version: 4:4.2.0-0ubuntu1~intrepid3
>
> Package: libpisock9
> Version: 0.12.3-4ubuntu3
>
> Package: korganizer
> Version: 4:4.1.2-0ubuntu2

It seems you have installed the KDE 4.1.2 version of KOrganizer, but the
KDE 4.2.0 of KPilot. You probably also have an older version of Akonadi
installed (which would explain the failure of test 11). Apparently, the
dependencies are not correct in Kubuntu. kpilot should require a newer
version of akonadi. You should report this problem to Kubuntu and
install a newer version of akonadi (and of korganizer).

Moreover, you should install KPilot 4.2.2 since a lot of bugs have been
fixed since the release of version 4.2.0.

>--------
>
> > Akonadi Server Self-Test Report

[snip]