[kdepim-users] IMAP mail question

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:10:37 BST 2009

A user pulls IMAP mail from fastmail.us.  After locating his badly-imported
mail (reported elsewhere) he was about to delete his fastmail.us inbox,
expecting his mail to come into the top-level inbox.  Fortunately he delayed
doing it.  When new mail came in it went into the fastmail.us inbox.

Is this was usually happens when your isp offers imap?  I know he could set up
a filter to redirect it, but is that the best way to handle it?

I haven't had an imap isp account since CompuServe, almost 20 years ago, and
that used its own proprietary software, so I've no experience of this, and I
don't want to give him bad advice.

Anne