[kdepim-users] KMail 1.11.2 sends "wrong" E-Mail

Guido Pinkernell guido.pinkernell at gmx.de
Fri Apr 17 21:40:04 BST 2009

Hi all,

either it is a misunderstanding on my side or there is something wrong with
KMail 1.11.2 (KDE 4.2.2) or it is a combination of all. Anyway, something
annoying has happened:

I write a first email. Which I finish, text and addresses and all. Before I
send it off I need to contact someone about the contents. So I do not sent it
off right then but choose "send later" (in German GUI: "später senden").

After that, I write a second email to that person about the contents of the
first email. The editor is still open; to send it off I press Ctrl+Enter.

A window opens, asking for a password, as it always does. I type it in, press
Enter, and off went -- the first email! Which I only noticed because a second
password authorisation window opens after that, this time for the second email
which should have been sent off first.

This is clearly something which should not happen. A combination of
misunderstanding and wrong settings or even a bug? Anyway, to avoid this, the
menu entry should not say "send later" but "move to outbox", which is more
precise. Second, Ctrl+Enter should not sent off all mails the outbox but only
the mail in the active editor window.

Any opinions before I file a report in KDE's bug tracking system?

Guido