[kdepim-users] Flavours of html messages in kmail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Apr 16 21:14:58 BST 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I'm curious about the differences I'm seeing in the way html messages
> are displayed in kmail.  I subscribe to three libraries of embroidery
> patterns, getting very frequent newsletters.  From two of them, I see
> a panel telling me that they are html messages, and I should 'click
> here' to see the external references.  From the third library I see
> empty boxes, and the graphics are attached in a series of 'unnamed'
> files which can be opened in gwenview.
>
> What causes these differences?  (Just for my education :-) )

It seems the first two newsletters come without attached images, so they
reference images on some webserver. The third newsletter seems to
include the images. KMail should be able to show the images, but since
you see empty boxes there's either a problem with the messages or KMail
doesn't understand the particular way the messages use to include the
attached images.

Feel free to forward (as attachment) such a message to me so that I can
have a look at it.