[kdepim-users] distribution lists missing after upgrade to KDE

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 22:12:55 BST 2008

Hello,

this discussion made me laugh and cry at the same time. Guys, thank you for this, because I'm thinking all the time that there is something wrong in the whole thing, but well it does not cost money and each of us knows something about computers, but well I agree it is not recomended for people who are not that good in compputers.
I'm also interested how do you think that we can propagate linux and kde if a lot of things do not work or stop working after an upgrade.

And please _do_not_ abuse the "political correctness" because some developers solution make me think of very cruel tortures from the time of the inquisition :-D

It was really good discussion.

thanks and kind regards

> On Monday 29 September 2008 17:20:07 Mike Arthur wrote:
> > Sorry, can you stretch the window as wide as possible
> so I can see the full
> > XML-RPC URL.
>
> Should have thought about that. Here you have the full one
> :)
>
> Damnshock
>
>   "where can I find it":
>   "Well, it's in the kde SVN under
>   branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim/kabc/kabcdistlistupdater"
>
> That developer should be shot at dawn. Don't you people
> realize that
> there are users out there who actually *use* this stuff!
> When their
> systems get "upgraded" automatically and they
> suddenly lose their 100 or
> 1000-name distribution lists, they are somewhat UPSET.
> Referring them to
> an SVN repo isn't going to help. How can we expect to
> convince people to
> actually use this stuff if you make bone-headed blunders
> like this and
> then compound the bone-headedness by refusing to make it
> fixable RIGHT
> NOW if not sooner?

the best part - great :-D