[kdepim-users] distribution lists missing after upgrade to KDE 3.5.10

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 08:04:33 BST 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 September 2008 02:05:42 Robert Smits wrote:
>> On September 1, 2008 01:02:17 am O. Sinclair wrote:
>>> Running Kubuntu 8,04.1 I upgraded to KDE 3.5.10 last week. Today I
>>> notice that my distribution lists are gone or at least nowhere to be
>>> found!
>>>
>>> Version says Kontact 1.29 and Kadressbook 3.5.10.
>>>
>>> Anyone noticed the same or can tell me where they normally "reside" so
>>> that I might try and restore (have a backup on external harddisk)?
>> Sure, Sinclair. Look in /home/user/.kde/share/apps/kabc for distlists.
>> Substitute your home directory for user in the above string.
>>
> I'm worried about this.  There must be another place that is being used now.
> I have four distlists, but in that file only two show up.  The two more
> recent ones are not there.  Unfortunately I have not managed to find the
> others so far.

At least I am not the only one! I looked in the "distlists" and for
sure, they are all there. But NOTHING shows up in the new "Distribution
Lists" windows in Contacts except for "All Contacts". Time to file a bug
or has someone actually upgraded to 3.5.10 with dist-lists still intact
and it is my install/settings that are faulty?

Regards,
Sinclair