[kdepim-users] using gmail and kmail to manage mailing lists

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Wed Sep 10 19:56:35 BST 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 14:28, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> Olá fraydiógenes e a todos.
>
> On Wednesday 10 September 2008 18:50:24 fraydiógenes wrote:
> >  Hi,
> >
> > I'm running kde 3.5.9 and kmail 1.9.9 in debian lenny and I got this
> > strange problem that when I send a message to a mailing list it doesn't
> > send it back to me to my account.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Thats how gmail works!
> either use another smtp, or get use to it!

Indeed.  I use the messages I post to lists showing up back here again from
the list as a way of verifying that they got out there to everybody.  I'd
switched things over to gmail,  and when I realized that this was what was
going on I switched back again...

Now I only use my gmail account for backup,  until they see fit to allow this
to be changed,  perhaps as an option.

-
M Dakin