[kdepim-users] KMail problem or configuration problem?

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Thu Sep 4 10:11:51 BST 2008

A simple question about KMail - is it really mind-numbingly slow when
compared to Forte Agent or Thunderbird, or do I have something
misconfigured?

Just as an example - setting up a filter, if I use a right-click to
pull up the context menu to set a filter, Agent and Thunderbird both
have the context menu on the screen in about a second. KMail is taking
between 10 and 15 seconds to display a context menu.

They're all running on the same PC, Mandriva 2008, 1.8 GHz P4, 2.5 GB
of memory, so that can't be the answer. Does anyone have any
suggestions as to what could be the problem, or is KMail really this
slow?

Thanks,

Brian.