[kdepim-users] Palm Treo 770

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Sun Sep 21 17:07:33 BST 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Werner Joss
<werner at hoernerfranzracing.de>wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 17. September 2008 03:35:33 schrieb Wayne Gillikin:

[snip]

> > I too would love some wisdom about hot sync. I am trying to hot synch a
> > Palm TX with the Asus EEEPC operating KDE in a Xandros environment.
>
> 2nd, eeepc comes with a rather outdated version of kde/kpilot (3.4.x),
> so that might be a cause of trouble.
> you might have better luck if you install newer versions (which most likely
> implies installing another distro, e.g. ubuntu).

Holy crap. If you're seriously using KDE 3.4.x and the accompanying kpilot
to try to sync with, you're guaranteed to have problems. Thanks for the
info, Werner. =:)
I don't know a thing about the Eee stuff, but the first thing to do would be
to upgrade KDE to 3.5.10. The second thing to do would be to take KPilot out
of the path and try to get pilot-xfer -l to work. If you can't get
pilot-xfer to access your Palm, then KPilot doesn't have a prayer.

--
-[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper // http://movingparts.net ]-
-[ KDE PIM Developer // http://www.kde.org ]-