[kdepim-users] Some HTML emails not displaying as they should

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Sep 22 19:30:22 BST 2008

On Monday 22 September 2008, Bruno Miguel wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> In this last few days I've been using Kmail 1.10.1 without any big
> problems. But, when I received an email sent from someone who shared
> with me an item through email, Kmail didn't display that warning
> about the HTML in the email that has an option to show the email as
> HTML. Instead, it displayed the email in plain text.
>
> The terminal output follow as attachment.

The terminal output shows that the message was a multipart/alternative
message containing the message text as plain text and as HTML. The
warning is only shown for pure HTML messages. In KMail 1.9.x you can do
the following to view such a message as HTML:
- Click on the "HTML Text" item in the message structure viewer (usually
shown below the message pane if it is enabled).
- Then click on the option to show the message as HTML in the warning.