[kdepim-users] korganizer 4.1 timezone problem

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Mon Sep 8 10:54:44 BST 2008

On Monday 8 September 2008 8:01, Thomas Winteler - Win-Soft, Service for X
wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a Problem with my std.ics file and korganizer 4.1.0 from kde 4.1.1.
>
> I have imported my std.ics from korganizer 3.5.9 (kde 3.5.10).
>
> I'm in europe/zurich timezone.
>
> The event view shows correct date and times. But if i edit an event, i
get UTC timezone, also the Mouseover effect shows UTC tz.

> The ics time entries are like this:
> DTSTART:20080926T170000Z
> DTEND:20080926T200000Z
>
> That are UTC timestamps. I think in the calendar view, they should be
changed in my own timezone.

> By the was, if i create a new event, all is ok and the correct tz is used.
>
> Any idea why that happeds and how to fix it?

The reason is that in KDE 3 time zones weren't handled properly and all
times were stored as UTC, the necessary conversion to the user's time zone
being done in the user interface. In KDE 4, time zones are stored
correctly in the calendar, and are displayed just as they are stored.
Presumably there isn't any conversion done when a KDE 3 calendar is read
by the KDE 4 KOrganizer, so times now show as UTC.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.