[kdepim-users] Kmail: Search for/List emails within a date/time range?

Martin Bernreuther martinbern at web.de
Sat Oct 4 23:07:30 BST 2008

Am Samstag, 4. Oktober 2008 22:45 schrieb John Culleton:
> A simpler solution might be a reverse search of a folder, starting
> with the most recent date and working backwards. In most cases I am
> looking for a recent email.  I could then monitor the results and
> halt the process when the desired item showed up on the list.

What is "a reverse search of a folder" and
what do you mean with "working backwards"?

Again, my problem was to find all emails
I received e.g. between January 1st and Friday 4th 2008
and I have hundreds of folders and subfolders, where
these messages are distributed. If I should search
"a folder", which folder? I definitely don't want to
go through all the folders manually...
(And as I already mentioned: it's no big deal with only one folder,
since the messages can be sorted by date)

Thanks
	Martin

P.S.:
I also thought to write a bash/python/perl/... script
to go through the files at .kde/share/apps/kmail
grep for "Date:" to get the date and do some
comparison...
Martin Bernreuther	martinbern at web.de