[kdepim-users] cannot send from Kmail SOLVED

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 18:21:36 BST 2008

> On Oct 7, 2008, at 3:44 AM, "Lisi Reisz" <lisi.reisz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yesterday I solved another problem by regenerating .kde.  I then
> > manually input all the configuration details in Kmail.
> >
> > POP3 works fine, but I cannot send.  I have checked and rechecked
> > everything.  I have tried to send via my ISP and via GMail.  (The
> > latter with the instructions open in front of me and following them
> > implicitly.)  I still cannot send.  I am going to have to send this
> > via Konqueror.

Several attempts at reconfiguring later, with nothing changed, it will send if
I do it manually via Alt+F.

\O/

I can live without automatic!!

I was beginning to think that I would have to use Thunderbird or
Evolution.  :-(  And recreate all my folders and subfolders.  :-( :-(

I still don't know why at least part of the log-jam shifted.  But I'm very
glad that it did.  I'm using Lenny (testing) and do a daily update.  Perhaps
that was it.

A full solution would still be welcome, but is certainly not essential.

Thanks
Lisi