[kdepim-users] OpenPGP Strange Behaviours

Arnaud Mombrial arnaud.mombrial at free.fr
Thu Oct 16 21:02:56 BST 2008

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 14:05:28 Arnaud Mombrial wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Using Kmail Version 1.10.1
>
> I've configured for a long time all the OpenPGP thing without any pb.
>
> Since a few days every message I send appears to be Valid and Trusted in my
> "Sent Messages" but Invalid (Warning: The signature is bad.) in my Inbox (I
> Bcc to myself every message I send)
>
> Any guess ?
>
> Regards

Hey! It's me again.

I've solved my pb, so I want the community to be informed of that in hope it
could be usefull to someone else :~()

'Cause till now I was certain to send plain text message even with the HTML
toolbar visible, stupid am I...

I've found that even if I tell Kmail not to send {heavy} HTML messages with
  * [Settings → Configure Kmail → Security → Prefer HTML to plain text]
That I've leaved unchecked, this setting is overiden by the
 * [Options → Formatting (HTML)]
Message preference.

This said, it appears that HTML messages made the OpenPGP signature "non-
consistent".

 * [Settings → Configure Kmail → Identities → Modify → Cryptography → Prefered
Crypto Message Format]
is set to "OpenPGP/MIME. Don't know if this settings is related to my pb.

Thx for reading.

--
Arnaud Mombrial