[kdepim-users] Problems signing emails

Arnaud Mombrial arnaud.mombrial at free.fr
Fri Oct 10 10:24:15 BST 2008

Hi,

I think I'm in a same case since the migration from kontact 3.5.x to new kmail
1.10.1. This has been done as I'm experiencing Fedora Rawhide.

It seems that fetching and checking selected keys process enter infinite loop.

The results of Kleopatra self-test suite shows the following output :

gpg : Configuration Check Failed
gpg-agent Configuration Check Failed
scdaemon Configuration Check Failed
gpgsm Configuration Check Failed
dirmngr Configuration Check Failed

There's no Proposed Corrective Action.

I've search through yum and rpm to know if something missing :

rpm -qi gpgme
Name        : gpgme                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.1.6                             Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 3.fc10                        Build Date: lun. 21 juil. 2008
22:59:00 CEST
Install Date: jeu. 02 oct. 2008 18:27:16 CEST      Build Host: x86-8

rpm -qi gnupg2
Name        : gnupg2                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.0.9                             Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 3.fc10                        Build Date: mar. 05 août 2008
03:01:06 CEST
Install Date: jeu. 02 oct. 2008 18:27:14 CEST      Build Host: x86-1

rpm -qi dirmngr
Name        : dirmngr                      Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.0.2                             Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 1.fc10                        Build Date: sam. 02 août 2008
06:22:07 CEST
Install Date: jeu. 02 oct. 2008 18:27:13 CEST      Build Host: x86-1

Something seems weird, but I can't figure out what.

Any guess ?

On Thursday 09 October 2008 02:53:29 Bruno Miguel wrote:
> Hello.
>
> A few days ago I updated to KDE 4.1.2. This brought some Kontact related
> updates. Since then, a while after opening Kontact, Kmail can't sign emails
> and when I try to open and identity with a key configurer, it displays a
> general error (direct translation from Erro Geral, in portuguese).
>
> I can solve this by closing Kontact and opening it again, but it's very
> anoying having to do it every one or two hours.
>
> Peace;
> Bruno Miguel

Arnaud Mombrial
8, Avenue de Comarnic
F-77176 Savigny le temple
==
Tél : +33.160.638.388 | +33.664.204.324
==
email(1) : arnaud.mombrial at free.fr : U Can use it Freely, I already receive
tons of spams here..
email(2) : arnaud at mombrial.info : Please do not give this address to someone
else, want to keep it clean, as long as possible...