[kdepim-users] Unwanted ToDos in the list

Vitor M. Pereira vmpereir at fc.up.pt
Fri Oct 17 21:18:03 BST 2008

Hi,

On Friday 17 October 2008, Leon Pollak wrote:
> Using the KOgranizer, I do not understand the following:
> suppose I created a ToDo (in ToDos frame) with a due day
> in December (today is October). But it still appears in
> the ToDo frame! Why do I need to see it today?
>
> And the same - creating on a special day in the ALL-Day
> some ToDo causes it immediately to appear in the ToDo
> frame. The same question - why?
>
> If somebody knows how to avoid this, I shall be very
> thankful.

I think it has to do with the difference in concept between
the "To-Do" and the "What's Next" view. I personally prefer
to have all to-dos listed (completed or not, past, current
and future). The kind of behavior you want is the type of
thing for which filters are usefull.

For instance one can easily filter out the completed to-dos
with view filters. It would be nice if one could also
select a time frame for due dates using filters. But it
seems that it's not possible (3.5.9)...

--
Vitor M. Pereira