[kdepim-users] General Questions

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Oct 30 14:05:46 GMT 2008

Hi Kevin,

let's move this discussion to the kdepim-users mailing list since that's
the list that is intended for general discussion on usage of the KDE
Personal Information Management applications, i.e. Kontact,
KAddressBook, KMail, KOrganizer, etc. (The kde-pim at kde.org list is
intended for discussing the development of KDE PIM applications, i.e.
Kontact, KMail, KOrganizer, KAddressbook, KAlarm, etc.)

Please send your reply only to kdepim-users at kde.org.

On Thursday 30 October 2008, kevin kempter wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I ran Linux as my main laptop OS for several years, then I got into a
> mac shop and bought a macbook.
> The macbook is ok but it just doesn't cut it per productivity so I've
> ordered another laptop
> (a 64bit laptop with 8G of memory expandable to 16G and 2 internal
> 320G 7200rpm drives)
>
> I'll be loading Linux as soon as the machine arrives from Dell.
>
> Here's my questions:
>
> 1) Does anyone know if Kpilot is working with Palm Centro phones ? Is
> there a better solution besides Kpilot ?
>
> 2) Does Kmail support Exchange yet ?

KMail does not yet support the proprietary MAPI protocol. For me
accessing Exchange via IMAP works well, but not all admins enable the
IMAP protocol for Exchange.

> 3) Is there a way to migrate apple mail messages to Kmail ?

Among many other import options KMail supports "Import from OS X Mail".
I don't know whether OS X Mail == Apple Mail.

> 4) Is there a way to migrate apple address book and calendar events
> to the KDE address book and calendar ?

If you can export the address book in the standard vCard format (or one
of the other formats supported by KAddressBook) and the calendar in
vCal format then this will be easy.